Offering $1000 Hiring Bonus
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and excellent cuisine meeting high quality, presentation and flavor standards for the dining rooms and banquet functions that result in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Additionally responsible for the smooth operation of the kitchen that includes but is not limited to profit, inventory, waste control, hygiene and sanitation practices, hiring, training, and firing staff.
Executive Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, develops and motivates culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards consistently.
- Teaches preparation according to well defined written recipes and follows up with accountability to produce consistent results. Determines food presentation.
- Display exceptional leadership skills by providing a positive work environment and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management even in the foreseeable event of stressful situations. He/She should demonstrate honesty, integrity, and leads by example.
- Sets written job performance standards for kitchen staff and monitors their performance giving them regular feedback.
- Actively develops menu selections and maintains updated and accurate costing of all dishes sold.
- Develops a weekly budget to control food costs and stays within budget consistently.
- Keeps all costs (food and kitchen staffing) and prices within prime numbers. Can determine forecasts of prime numbers monthly and weekly.
- Ensures compliance with food safety, kitchen sanitation, and preparation standards for all kitchen staff and areas of kitchen storage.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and restaurant standards.
- Handles food buying, receiving and food storage as well as monthly inventory reports.
- Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards are being followed by all kitchen staff.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels. Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Attend regular manager meetings and monthly budget and forecasting meetings.
- Give prepared plates final touches and final approval before leaving kitchen.