We are currently hiring line & prep cooks for our restaurants and banquet center.
Applicants should have at least 2 years kitchen experience. But, willing to teach and train the right applicant.
- Adherence to cost control guidelines
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service- Mise en place!
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
- Make sure all storage areas are clean and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Executive Chef
- High tolerance for repetition
- Attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
- Ability to work independently
- Must love and enjoy working with food
- Basic food handling and preparation knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure